So, you want to know the best dumbbell shoulder exercises. The shoulder muscles need constant attention and care. You can easily strengthen the shoulder muscles because you can move these muscles freely in any direction.
As they differ from other muscles because they are not stable in the body. And when working to strengthen these muscles, it helps to support the muscles of the upper body. and protect the muscles from injury and also give a more aesthetic look.
One of the benefits of strengthening shoulder muscle exercises is that it gives you strength and flexibility to practice daily work.
Also, strong shoulders help prevent any shoulder injuries while working to improve the way you stand in addition to reducing back pain.
Therefore, shoulder strengthening exercises are an important part of your daily exercise routine.
Also, the shoulder muscles are a group that supports the shoulder joint and allows it to move.
There are many muscles that make up the shoulder muscles, but there is the deltoid muscle. which is the main muscle in the shoulder, as it is the site of muscle contact and takes the shape of a triangle or a diamond.
There is a group of exercises that work to strengthen the shoulder muscles. that you can exercise to support the entire shoulder muscle group, and this is what we will mention below.
The Most Important Dumbbell Shoulder Exercises.
Dumbbell shoulder exercises mean exercises that target the shoulders muscles. And this type of exercise relies on the use of dumbbells in every step of the exercises.
These exercises strengthen the shoulders muscles and highlight their beauty. Among the most popular exercises used when doing dumbbell exercises for shoulders are the following:
- Dumbbell push-up.
- Dumbbell raise exercise.
- Barbell lifting exercise: (weightlifting)
- Weightlifting exercise with sitting on bench squatting.
- Iron push-up exercise: (weight training).
- The Shoulder Dumbbell Exercise.
- Shoulder up push exercise.
- Cable pulling exercise.
- Exercise lifting the weight plate forward.
- Dumbbell raise exercise.
- The Arnold barbell press
- Dumbbell birds facing the inclined bench
- The back shoulder machine
- The dumbbell row or straight bar, elbows open
Not all exercises are executed with dumbbells because you need to do some exercises with bars and cables to touche the deep muscles of the shoulders.
How To Do Dumbbell Shoulder Exercises.
1. Dumbbell push-up.
How to do Dumbbell push-up?
- Sit on the bench in a straight position so that it is firmly on the bench while keeping the feet resting on the floor and tight.
- Bring the dumbbell weights appropriate for you while holding each dumbbell in your hand and work to raise your arm until it reaches your shoulder.
- Raise the arms to the maximum possible distance for you as you can see in the picture. And hold on to this position for 5 seconds.
- Gradually descending to return to the starting point, then repeating about 10 times.
2. Dumbbell raise exercise.
How to do Dumbbell raise exercise?
- Place a dumbbell between your feet and stand with your feet slightly open, wider than your chest (this is the starting position).
- Go down to raise the dumbbell with your hands until it reaches shoulder level, then rise to the top and hold in this position for 1 second.
- Then gradually return to the bottom (starting position).
3. Barbell lifting exercise: (weightlifting).
How to do Barbell lifting exercise?
- Stand still with the barbell raised near the thighs, descend slowly, and then return to the top while lifting weights.
- Try to hold the weights close to the shoulder muscles that may last for one second, then repeat this exercise 8 times for each set. This exercise facilitates the movement of fluids in the body.
4. Weightlifting exercise with sitting on bench squatting.
How to do Weightlifting exercise ?
- Sit upright on a squatting bench.
- Lift the weights until you reach the top and then lower down to the front of the face.
- Steady in this position for one second while keeping the back straight and resisting any inclination that leads to arching the back.
5. Iron push-up exercise: (weight training).
How to do Iron push-up exercise?
- Place one side of the iron on the ground while keeping the other side well grasped in your hands, as you can see in the picture shown in front of you.
- Press on the iron stand until it reaches near the shoulder and remain steady for one second. then gradually lower and ascend until you reach the starting point.
- Don’t forget to repeat these steps on the other arm.
6. The Shoulder Dumbbell Exercise.
How to do The Shoulder Dumbbell Exercise?
- This exercise depends on standing in a steady position with holding dumbbells in your hands.
- Lift the upper part of the body while working to raise the shoulders until it reaches the top of the neck.
- Pressing well while keeping the dumbbells in your hands and holding this position for 2 seconds. then gradually lowering to return to the starting point.
7. Shoulder up push exercise.
How to do Shoulder up push exercise?
- Sit on the right leg while working on holding the dumbbells in your left arm and maintaining the balance of the body in this position.
- Pushing the shoulder up with a dumbbell, then standing up, then gradually descending into the initial position, and so on 8 times.
- Repeat with the other arm.
8. Cable pulling exercise.
How to do Cable pulling exercise?
- Stand opposite cables.
- Begin to tighten the cables so that they push back with the shoulder back. and raise the arms well until the cables reach in front of the face and try to keep your elbows lifted all the time.
- Stand in this position for a second, then tighten the cables again.
9. Exercise lifting the weight plate forward.
How to do weight plate forward exercise?
- Stand in a steady position while holding the weight plate in your hands and place it in front of the waist.
- Hold the weight plate well, then lift it up until it reaches the front of the chest and keeps the arms close to each other.
- Hold this position for one second, then descend slowly.
10. Dumbbell raise exercise.
How to do Dumbbell raise exercise?
- Stand still while holding a dumbbell in your hands, near the thighs.
- Then bend your arms a little, then raise the dumbbell until it reaches in front of your face.
- Hold this position for one second, then descend gradually.
11. The Arnold barbell press.
How to do The Arnold barbell press exercise?
- Be sure to rotate the dumbbells during the ascent, but also during the descent for maximum recruitment.
12. Dumbbell birds facing the inclined bench.
How to do Dumbbell birds exercise?
- To recruit the back of the shoulder well, be sure to keep your arms slightly above your shoulder line.
13. The back shoulder machine.
How to do The back shoulder machine exercise?
- This machine is perfectly designed to target the posterior deltoid. Be sure to adjust your seat, however, so that your arms are slightly above your shoulder line.
- There is no need to go too far back, stop when your arms are in line with your back.
14. The dumbbell row or straight bar, elbows open.
How to do The dumbbell row exercise?
- Although this exercise also uses the back and trapezius muscles. the posterior deltoids are extremely well requested as long as you open your elbows well and raise the bar under the pecs.
5 Tips for dumbbell exercises for shoulders to avoid injuries.
Be careful not to hurt yourself. The shoulder joint is very mobile and extremely fragile.
Simple tendonitis can quickly become chronic. and lead to the development of osteoarthritis or more serious lesions.
1: Warm up the entire shoulder girdle well with stick rotations and exercises that strengthen the rotator cuff:
– Abductions and adduction of the shoulders with dumbbells
– Frontal and internal rotations of the pulley or dumbbells
– Plank on the floor resting on the elbows to strengthen the powers of the scapula.
2: When doing lateral dumbbell or pulley raises, do not climb higher than the shoulder line.
3: During the presses, start the movement at ear height and do not descend lower than this line.
4: Stretch your shoulders regularly to maintain a good range of motion and strengthen your rotator cuff. This will prevent you from many injuries and inflammations specific to that area.
5: Maintain flawless execution technique with every movement. whether it’s core exercises or isolation. The rotator cuff is extremely fragile, and the shoulders are a muscle group that can be developed with light loads. The important thing is the execution of the exercises, which must be perfect.
So if you want to learn more about dumbbell exercises…
- Best dumbbell exercises for the back.
- Best dumbbell exercises for abs.
- The Best dumbbell workouts for arms.
- dumbbell exercises for legs.
- dumbbell exercises for the chest.
- Best Dumbbell Exercises For Full Body
- dumbbell exercises for the upper body.
- dumbbell exercises for women.
- The Top Apps for a workout for free.
- Dumbbell Exercises Video