Click Play Button To Listen To Article
So, you want to know what the dumbbell exercises for legs. Today we will introduce you to intensive leg training and advise you to try it really. but do not think tomorrow, going up the stairs or sitting on the toilet seat. or even sitting on the ground and trying to get up without the help of your hands and the rest of your body to stand. Your legs will not handle that after doing these exercises. These exercises focus primarily on the lower body. So, if you need to strengthen your leg muscles, you have come to the right place.
The leg muscles also help with a variety of daily tasks, such as lifting or pushing things.
In this article that we have in hand. We will show you the best dumbbell exercises for legs. Which helps to highlight and divide better.
Well, let’s move on to the most powerful dumbbell exercises for legs.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Best Dumbbell Exercises for Legs.
- 2 How to do dumbbell exercises for Legs.
- 2.1 1. Push dumbbells.
- 2.2 2. Front leg alternating with weights.
- 2.3 3. Dumbbell swing (or kettlebell).
- 2.4 5. Box jumps (or squat jumps).
- 2.5 6. One leg kicks in a bridge position.
- 2.6 7. Sumo squat with dumbbells.
- 2.7 8. Exercise sitting wall.
- 2.8 9. Bulgarian attacks.
- 2.9 10. Side attacks.
- 2.10 11. dumbbell exercises for legs (Plié squats).
Best Dumbbell Exercises for Legs.
Dumbbell legs exercises mean exercises that target the legs muscles. And this type of exercise relies on the use of dumbbells in every step of the exercises.
These exercises strengthen the leg’s muscles and highlight their beauty. Among the most popular exercises used when doing dumbbell exercises for legs are the following:
- Push dumbbells
- Front leg alternating with weights
- Dumbbell swing (or kettlebell)
- Lungs side with the back squat
- Box jumps (or squat jumps)
- One leg kicks in a bridge position
- Sumo squat with dumbbells
- Exercise sitting wall
- Bulgarian attacks
- Side attacks
- Plié squats
Now you have known the names of legs dumbbell exercises, you must be wondering how to do them.
So in this article, we will provide you with a method of doing the exercises besides the illustrations.
How to do dumbbell exercises for Legs.
1. Push dumbbells.
- Stand with your feet a little wider than the boundaries of hip width, raise your arms to shoulder level with elbows bent. with the weights being held in line with your ears.
- Bend your knees as if you were sitting in a chair, and focus the weight on the heels of your feet.
- Push dumbbells over your head while your knees straighten, to return to a standing position.
- Continue the exercise for 40 seconds. Take a break for 20 seconds.
2. Front leg alternating with weights.
- Stand up straight and spread your feet slightly wider than the width of your hip. Hold the dumbbells, one in each hand, by your sides.
- Take a step forward with the right foot and at the same time bend the elbows, holding the dumbbells. Lower your hips until the knees are bent at a 90-degree angle. Keep the front knee directly above the ankle, and lower the left knee until it touches the ground.
- Focus the weight on the heels of your feet as you push your body into the starting position, thus achieving a complete movement.
- Repeat what you did, but make your step with the left foot this time, so you can make a full second move.
- Continue switching feet for 40 seconds. Then, take a 20-second break.
3. Dumbbell swing (or kettlebell).
- Stand with shoulder-width apart between your feet, with the metatarsal pointed slightly outwards. and hold the “dumbbells” (or kettlebells, if you have them) in both hands.
- Slightly bend the knees, and push the hip area as you lower the weights between your legs. so that your forearm comes into contact with the inner part of the thighs. Keep the chest space open with your shoulder blades sliding down your back.
- Tighten your buttocks and focus on the heels of your feet to push the dumbbells forward while the legs are straight again. This exercise is focused on the lower and middle parts of the body. while the arms naturally swing forward to reach chest height or over the head.
- Allow the dumbbells to fall between your legs. and bend your knee in preparation for the movement again.
- Swing the dumbbells as far as you can for 40 seconds. Then, take a 20-second break.
4. Lungs side with the back squat.
- Hold a dumbbell and raise it at chest level, then take your left leg a wide step towards the left, to take the “longs” position, and bend your left knee. Keep chest space elevated and focus your weight on the heel of your left foot.
- Raise your left foot off the ground and return the left leg behind the right leg, into the “Courtesy” position, bending both knees. And so you accomplish one complete move.
- Take a step left again, and return to the “side longs” position.
- Continue alternating these two movements for 20 seconds. Repeat on the right side for another 20 seconds.
- Take a break for 20 seconds.
5. Box jumps (or squat jumps).
- Stand in front of a box. If you haven’t tried box jumping exercises before, choose a box that is 12 inches high. If you are at an advanced level or are tall enough, choose a box that is 24 inches high.
- Use the starting position to prepare the entire movement: stretch your belly, bend your knees. let your arms give you the thrust, then jump onto the back of the box. If this is too difficult for you, then raise one foot each time.
- Return to the ground one foot at a time to complete a full movement.
- Do box jumps for 40 seconds. Then take a 20-second break.
6. One leg kicks in a bridge position.
- Lie on your back, and place your hands on the floor to stabilize yourself as you bend one leg and lift the other off the floor.
- Press the heel of your feet to the ground and raise the pelvic area, keeping your body in a steady “bridge” position.
- Slowly lower your body toward the floor.
- This completes a complete movement. Continue on one side for 20 seconds. Then repeat on the other side for another 20 seconds.
- Take a break for 20 seconds.
7. Sumo squat with dumbbells.
- Stand with your feet apart, the metatarsal facing out, and hold the dumbbells in front of the chest area. Bend your knees, and lower your hips so that your thighs are parallel to the floor. Make sure your weight is completely focused on the heels of your feet.
- Raise the hips area again, and tighten the legs and buttocks with strength at the highest point of the exercise to make the best use of it.
- Thus completes a complete movement.
- Make as many movements as you can in 40 seconds. After that, take a 20-second break.
8. Exercise sitting wall.
- Stand with your back against a wall, then extend your feet in front of you with a space of no more than two feet.
- The distance between your feet should be hip-width apart.
- Bend your knees, and move your back toward the bottom of the wall until the knees are at a 90-degree angle. Your knee joints should be above your ankle joints.
- So you may need to move your feet away from the wall more so that the joints align properly. Don’t let your knees lean in or out toward the midline of your body.
- Continue the exercise for 40 seconds, then stand up and take a 20-second break.
9. Bulgarian attacks.
Beginners do not know much about this exercise, so they hardly know how to properly perform attacks with dumbbells of this type.
In this case, the projectiles load the target muscles.
- To perform this it is necessary to take dumbbells in hand, return to a flat bench or chair and take a step forward with one leg.
- The height of the foot in the second group should be placed on a bench or chair. The leg support should be slightly inclined at the knee and the back should be kept straight, looking all the time to send along.
- Taking a breath, you need to go down slowly, while bending the supporting leg and at the same time bending the body forward. The lowest point will be the point where the thigh of the supporting leg becomes parallel to the floor.
- Then you should smoothly exhale and rise, but not completely straighten the knee.
10. Side attacks.
Exercise, which works perfectly on the quadriceps muscles.
is very beneficial not only for building an intelligent figure. but also for strengthening the musculoskeletal system.
- As in the previous exercise, the dumbbells of the required weight must be held in the hands.
- First of all, you must take a soldier’s stance (standing straight with your feet together) and keep your hands in front of you.
- One foot should be set aside the distance, which is twice the width of the shoulder. Then the weight should be moved on one leg, then slowly bent at the knee, with the pelvis back and the body tilted forward.
- The back during bending should be slightly bent, and one of the legs – flat. Getting to the lowest point, you need to dynamically return to its original position, then change the leg and repeat the same.
11. dumbbell exercises for legs (Plié squats).
Now it’s time to start doing your favorite contractions with dumbbells. For girls, this type of squat plays a very big role.
After all, with the help of Plié, you can get rid of cellulite and convert fat deposits to muscles. Although it sounds strange to some, girls just can’t do this kind of squatting.
Men also don’t mind using their muscles, as well as the gluteus muscles.
- To carry out this exercise, you will need to take only one dumbbell, but more weight. You must grab it at the base of the disk with both hands. Legs should be shoulder-width apart, with socks turned 45 degrees.
- Without bending your back or knees, you should take a deep breath and squat until your thigh and leg form a clear right angle.
- At this point it is necessary to last for 3-5 seconds, each while being in tension. Then exhale and rise to the starting position, without straightening the legs to the end.
So if you want to learn more about dumbbell exercises…
- Best dumbbell exercises for the back.
- dumbbell exercises for abs.
- dumbbell workouts for arms.
- dumbbell exercises for the chest.
- dumbbell exercises for biceps.
- Dumbbell Exercises For Triceps.
- Dumbbell exercises For Shoulders
- dumbbell exercises for the upper body.
- dumbbell exercises for women.
- Best Dumbbell Exercises For Full Body
- The Top Apps for a workout for free.
- Dumbbell Exercises Video