The chest muscles are among the most appreciated powers by body-building enthusiasts, and it is understandable. Thick and broad pecs with a perfect abdominal strap are often one of the first goals. So I thought that sharing the best chest workouts with you would be an exciting thing to help you progress more quickly.
In body-building, the knowledge of the exercises is a base to build up the pectoral muscles. You will have to follow different training techniques to shock them and break more and more muscle fibers of your pectoral area.
- The muscles of the pectorals
- The pectoral muscles are made up of several bundles; each part can be developed with specific exercises.
- The pectoralis major and its fascicles
- The upper fascicles (clavicular fascicle of the pectoralis major) is the upper part of the pectorals. It starts from the clavicle.
- The medial part of the pectoralis major is the largest zone of the pectoral muscles, often the source of a thoracic cage’s suitable thickness.
- The lower pectoral fascicles are the lower part of the pectoralis major. Exercises such as the decline bench press are often used to distinguish the lower pectoral from the early abdominal muscles.
Why work the chest in bodybuilding?
We will not hide that the pectorals are a muscle group that we all want to develop. A thick rib cage is synonymous with power. Pleasant to work on, the exercises for pectoral muscles are often the first exercises you will do. Let’s get down to business and start describing the best practices for pecs to build up your pecs.